| SPOILER WARNING!!
- "That’s... Suzaku... The god who protects... our nation..."
- —Konan soldier, as he sees Suzaku appear on the battlefield in Suzaku Ibun
|Full Name||Suzaku Seikun|
|Nicknames||God of Love
|Title||Vermillon of the South|
|Created by||Yuu Watase|
Suzaku (朱雀') is the vermillon bird of the south, the beast god assigned to protect and guard the kingdom of Konan. Next to Seiryuu, it is the last beast god to be summoned. Suzaku's main power is love, and it is explained in the series numerous times.
- Miaka Yuki (First Priestess of Suzaku) (Fushigi Yuugi)
- Mayo Sakaki (Second Priestess) (OAV 3 Eikoden)
- Madoka Ootori (Third Priestess) (Suzaku Ibun)
- "I want Yui return now! Give my best friend back to me!"
- "Seal off Seiryuu."
- "Suzaku, save this world. Return it to normal."
- "Seal away Seiryuu’s power for all time!"
- "Send Misaki-chan and I back to our own world!"
- "Let [insert Seishi name here] and I be together in the real world!"
- Madoka's wish to live inside Shijintenchisho with the seishi of her choice. (Staying behind ending)
Suzaku was first seen when Miaka was buying a drink at the national library, he took the form of a phoenix, according to Miaka. Then it led Miaka and Yui into the book.
Suzaku reappeared in human form after Miaka summoned him in her world (even without the two shinzahos) during a battle between the Suzaku Seven and Nakago. After intially wishing that Suzaku be sealed away inside the Universe of the Four Gods, it was Yui's final wish from Seiryuu that Suzaku be summoned. After Miaka chanted the spell to summon Suzaku, he emerged from the sky in the form of a giant bird and attacked the giant dragon Seiryuu who had just devoured Yui and was causing havoc in the "real" world.
Suzaku makes his next appearance, although he does not materialize, he only tells Miaka to
regain the book in his voice.
He also appears in the last episode of the 2nd OVA, the four gods have gathered to banish Tenkou. Of all the Four Beast gods, he takes the lead and he alone talks to Tenkou.
Summoning Suzaku (Miaka)
"The four palaces of the heavens
The four corners of the earth
In the name of sacred law, faith, and fortune
I summon Suzaku, guardian of the South
I hereby beseech you to appear on earth
From the palaces of the heavens
For the sake of those here who adore you
And await your presence
Come to us!
Destroy all of the evil which threatens us
And with your mighty power
Save us and grant us our wishes
Descend to us now from the heavens above!"
OVA 3 (Mayo And Miaka)
I summon all the great forces
of justice, faith, and goodwill
from the four corners of heaven and the four quarters of the earth
to call on you the divine, Suzaku
We ask that you descend
from the seven constellations
to the earth, to protect us
and destroy all evil with your divine powers,
for the sake of the people who worship you.
we summon thee, save us, descend us from the heavens above! Suzaku!
Suzaku Ibun (Madoka)
"The four palaces of the heavens"
"The four corners of the earth"
"I summon thee, Suzaku, lord of the south"
"Appear on earth"
"From the seven places of heaven"
"Come to us here! And with thy holy power..."
"smash the evil—"
"Which threatens us...."
"Save us! And hear our wishes to thee."
"Descend to us now from the heavens!"